This piece developed out of experimentation in color blocking and classical oriental composition. Like my other work, the patterning in the background is achieved through high water to pigment ratio paint application. This allows the color mixtures to be as organic as possible, and allows for a wider range of contrast. Also like my other work, this piece uses high-voltage electricity to create the burnt black lines emanating from the center.
Unlike my other work, this painting employs acrylic spray paint to help highlight the color-blocked center region. The circular shape was achieved with a stencil, which was used to block the center from both the gouache patterning and the spray acrylic.
Finally, the whole piece was coated in polyurethane to help intensify to color palette and to seal the gouache paint.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 20.0" x 30.0"
- Gouache, spray acrylic, and High-Voltage Electricity
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.