Piece description from the artist
I was able to catch a glimpse of the reason John Muir HAD to return to the Sierras so much during his life over this past summer. I love that I was able to use one of my photos from that trip as the background for such a great man. It's also nearly overwhelming to know that, because of the National Parks Service, the area has been protected since Mr. Muir explored there, so the scenery is almost exactly what he was looking at. I hadn't read any of his books before the trip, but I am in the middle of 'My First Summer in the Sierras', and every day in his journal sounds like the few I had there as well, a truly magical feeling!
"The most extravagant description I might give of this view to anyone who has not seen similar landscapes with his own eyes would not so much as hint its grandeur and the spiritual glow that covered it."
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 10.0" x 15.0"
- Acrylic on Board
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.