Interphases and Grains
Piece description from the artist
Interphases and Grains is a sort of "artist's diagram". It performs quite a bit of the real work of diagramming a scientific phenomenon. Crystallites are depicted as colored (dense) areas that stack up upon one another. There are long squiggly lines and folded patterns sticking out of the "crystallite" areas, suggesting polymers and the chain folding conformational transition. The stippling surrounding everything suggests a complex fluid environment of solvent plus additives to aid and control structure formation. It is an "artist's diagram" because there are numerous aesthetic and creative choices made that do not follow the tacit rules of scientific diagramming and illustration. The result is a drawing that is illustrative of the scientific concepts yet evocative of the mystery and thrill of exploring the weirdness of the microscale and nanoscale. Art.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 8.0" x 10.0"
- ink on paper
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.