Piece description from the artist
Inner Workings is a string and paper tree in my current (2016-2017) series of mixed media tree studies. A flowering tree was sculpted in different types of acid-free papers (lokta, papyrus, banana leaf etc). The background was created using acrylic painting and impasto techniques. There is also some incorporation of dry granular media embedded in acrylic clear painting gel. The flowering tree was finished by layering very thin lace patterned rice paper over the three dimensional sculpted structure. The paper was soaked in a specialized acrylic medium that stiffens and fixes fiber media. This medium also acts similarly to paste or wax, rendering papers more transparent. The result is a complex and colorful tree sculpture or relief, that is smoothed and occluded by a layer of translucent patterned paper. The top layer has areas that have been torn to reveal the "Inner Workings" of the piece. There are also areas where the very thin medium soaked paper is very translucent – almost like thin cloudy glass. The original is currently available through the Hudson Gallery; 120 Main Street in Gloucester MA. 617-755-6672
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 30.0" x 36.0"
- Acrylic and Mixed media on canvas
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.