Piece description from the artist
Social commentary has been an interest of mine for quite some time. Whether it be movies, books, music or other artistic media, all have a resounding effect on my work. The messages in my paintings are visual metaphors for my experiences in modern life. All of my work has social messages woven into the concept and visual structure of the images.
Dichotomies are especially important to the foundation of my work. Old and new, beautiful and ugly or good and evil all get fused physically and conceptually in my pieces.
The process in which I create my art is much like developing a riddle… start with the answer and work backwards. I begin with the final product then figure out how to make it happen. I take elements I’ve drawn, sculpted or photographed and scan them into the computer. Once in the computer, I bring them all together and merge them into one cohesive image. Once I’m happy with my composition, they are then printed with fully archival materials, mounted on board and then finished in oils. The frames used to display the work are salvaged antique and vintage frames. They are either distressed, re-beautified, painted or left in existing condition based on the look I desire.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 31.0" x 27.0"
- Original Mixed Media Oil Painting
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.