Piece description from the artist
I recently learned that the Old Abandoned Barns neighboring my childhood home in Calvert County, Maryland were torn down and cleared out for a new home being built in the Community. Saddened by the news, I wanted to paint a homage to the barns. I wanted to remember the days when my friends and I would play hide and seek, seek refuge from the rain while playing in the fields, and camp out during the summer. These are just some of the very fond memories I had being young and carefree. A decade after I moved to Virginia, I took a drive to Maryland to see how they were holding up and made them the subject of my First Photography Assignment in College. I received an A on the project, too.
Although there were 4 barns on the property, I painted the largest of the bunch, The Tobacco Barn. Even though the barn is no more, I will always remember the aroma of the drying tobacco, gazing up to the eaves and seeing rows upon rows of hanging tobacco in the rafters, the creaking of the boards when the wind wafted through the walls, and the distant call from my Mother next door telling me it's time to come inside for supper.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 24.0" x 30.0"
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.