Piece description from the artist
The D. Blakeley Hoar Sanctuary is located in southwestern Brookline and is connected to conservation lands in Boston and Newton. This natural, undeveloped 25-acre area contains several typical plant communities. A trail with several boardwalks circles the sanctuary. The south branch of the Sawmill Brook flows through the sanctuary from east to west. It cuts through an extensive red-maple swamp and vernal pool habitat. Cliffs and outcrops of "puddingstone" (Roxbury conglomerate) define the north edge of the sanctuary.
A wooded upland is found in the northeastern part of the sanctuary. The most common trees here are maple, oak, cherry, and birch. There is an understory of shrubs and an herbaceous layer of woodland plants. Adjacent to Gerry Road is a grove of trees, once part of a beech-hemlock forest. The sanctuary is used for wetland protection, conservation of wildlife habitat, environmental education, and passive exploration such as bird watching and nature walks.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 30.0" x 20.0"
- Dye print on aluminum
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.