Piece description from the artist
The John Hancock Center is one of the most iconic & instantly recognizable buildings in the world and is situated in Chicago's famed Gold Coast neighborhood bordering the Magnificent Mile (Michigan Avenue) and Streeterville. Designed by Bruce Graham (architect) & Fazlur Kahn (engineer), it was completed in 1969 and became the tallest building in Chicago, the second tallest building in the world, the highest residence in the world, and the first tower to be over 1,000 ft outside of NYC. The design team went on to complete the Sears Tower five years later, and the Hancock is now the city's fourth tallest building. The observation level was revitalized and became known as 360 Chicago in recent years, which also introduced a new attraction called Tilt! where observers can "tilt" out over Michigan Avenue face first in a mechanized viewing window. The building has had famous residents including Jerry Springer & David Schwimmer, and this is where Chris Farley passed away in his apartment on the 60th floor. Although featured in numerous movies and TV shows, it is probably most recognized from Poltergeist 3.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 20.0" x 16.0"
- Digital Photography
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.