Piece description from the artist
A pun on a common path integral. Green functions are a special type of integral that are used in Physics disciplines like the Mathematical physics of Particles and Fields. In calculus, integrals provide methods for adding up functions and trends. Everyday single integrals work in 2 dimensions. A function creates a curve on the plane and solving its integral tells you how much total area the function covers.
Green functions and path integrals can be very useful for examining functions that exist in fields – where instead of an empty paper or box, each piece of the space holding the function has values associated with it (electric field strength, color, temperature, etc). How much of the value does the path pass through as it moves through the field? The Green Function is related to a path integral but is more complex. When statistical possible particle paths are summed up to get an observation, it helps to translate them into topolgical Feynmann diagrams, work with the algebra of those diagrams and then translate the result back into calculus using the Green Function.
They are generally pretty hard to solve, and as you can see in the painting, the grad students made several failed attempts at numerically cutting up and solving the Green function, and one or two bold souls may have tried to renormalize the surrounding field.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 12.0" x 12.0"
- Oil on linen
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.