Grand Fond I
Piece description from the artist
From the Serenity Series, Grand Prix winner at the 2018 St. Barth Photo Festival, this original photograph will arrive matted and framed with a subtle 1" white wood frame and a 3" white mat. Original is finished and framed size is 21" wide by 28" tall.
About "Grand Fond I" I decided to take a two month sabbatical in order to reconnect with my photographic roots. I found the cheapest house on the island, moved next door to locals, learned about some hidden spots, picked up some local dialect, and even discovered a new plant with holistic healing properties. I also rediscovered some slumbering techniques and styles that I quickly re-embraced. What resulted is a body of artwork of which I am very proud. "Grand Fond I" features the energy of this area's main beach on the "wild side" of St. Barth in the French West Indies. You will see people walking along its very rocky beach, but not many people venture out into its surf unless they are seasoned surfers. It's certainly less traveled than the more well-known parts of the island and that is one of the reasons that I spent so much time here trying to find just the right shot.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 17.0" x 22.0"
- Archival Pigment Photograph
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.