Piece description from the artist
This is the painting that started it all. With this painting I found the doorway to the timeless space of creating. A place where my emotions and energy translate to bright wildlife paintings.
"I saw the angel in te marble and carved until I set him free" -Michelangelo
I dont necessarily see the angel in the canvas, rather I feel it. Finding most of my creative flow within the wildlife genera, I developed a way to sculpt, define, &build volume with paint, layer by layer. creating a beautifyl play of light and shadow, filled with unexpected colors side by side. It's a dance, a push and pull until the form becomes whole. I find my wildlife subjects to have soulful eyes, and once I become mesmerized, the painting is complete.There is a large zen element in my approach to painting. Each time I step up to my canvas to paint, I step up as I am in the moment, what I painted yesterday does not matter. To learn to connect and to flow whith what I am painting in the moment, yet to still be able to be objective. Enabling me to push the boundaries of what into is possible with layers, color, texture, brush movement, and size. I find such a sense of peace in my creative pursuits; art is a way of life.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 20.0" x 16.0"
- Giclee Print on Watercolor Paper
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.