French Mansard Roof
Piece description from the artist
Several years ago, I noticed that I produce strikingly different bodies of work. Having been a draftsman, I drew very technically, making detail oriented drawings. After years of apprenticeships, I created oil paintings in the American Impressionist tradition, with loose painterly brush work. The practices didn't seem to have a common ground and the bodies of work didn't seem to come from the same artist. Intrinsic to who I am, was also the use of computers.
With this realization I started looking for an intersection between the three mediums. The result was the series of car and architectural paintings that I am currently working on, tightly drawn in the technical drawing tradition, composed using photography and computers, and loosely painted in the tradition of the American Impressionist School. The two worlds have been joined into one in this series of paintings.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 24.0" x 48.0"
- Oil on board
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.