I've always been attracted to images that tell stories. I prefer images that don't merely provide visual summaries taken in a brief glance and then forgotten, but rather ones that upon further reflection can tell of even vaster and grander things simply with their hues, contrast and depth. It is my endless endeavor to likewise tell stories with my paintings that in some ways are very literal, but have a greater resonance beyond the obvious. My intent is to create a sort of hyper-realism where the colors have tastes and the fabrics, fruits and flowers almost waft out to stimulate all the senses while actually only being observable by one; sort of an art-induced synesthesia.
A couple of years ago, I received some fresh cut sprigs of forsythia as a gift from a friend. As the buds bloomed, I was enchanted by the contrast of the brilliant yellow flowers against the blue wall.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the paper, not the printed images. There is a 2’’ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Framing Available. Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 18.0" x 24.0"
- Acrylic on canvas
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.