Piece description from the artist
This painting is part of a series in which I am focusing on the act of wearing a face mask; a small piece of fabric connecting the world, strengthening our fight against an invisible enemy, but at the same time making us feel different. I want to emphasize the opportunity for self expression, strength and unity that a face mask can represent.
Incorporating symbols of strength in the copper patina background and amplifying the vibrant details in my subjects, I want to highlight the role we can all embrace in combatting this world crisis together.
Each piece is a labor of love that starts with white vinegar and salt on a copper panel, graphite drawing studies, gesso with watercolor underpaintings, drilling and filing copper to allow for the mask fabric to pass through. That is all before I pick up my oil brushes. To get a photo realistic effect, I use traditional renaissance approaches of many thin layers of opposing oil colors and tiny brushes.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 6.0" x 12.0"
- Oil on Copper with Textile
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.