Piece description from the artist
Floral Fireworks is a mixed media flower painting that relies heavily on the properties of acrylic and paper fiber composite to create flow, texture, and pattern. The substrate for the flower painting is a novel paper-based material called “Artboard”, which combines the absorbent surface, texture and feel of paper with the chemical resistance, stiffness, and durability of an epoxy composite. It can take paint without priming, and fluid paint and ink absorb into the surface with only moderate spreading (which can be controlled by varying the amount of liquid). When a fluid color soaks into the surface it creates an intense, softly textured wash effect. Wash effects and cotrolled color bleeding, washing, and blending create the perfect backdrop for a soft contemporary flower painting like “Floral Fireworks”. Acrylic paint is a very versatile medium. A single acrylic color can be combined with a variety of acrylic painting media to change it’s properties from opaque to transparent, sculptural to highly fluid, smooth and glossy to a range of textured finishes. “Floral Fireworks” is a flower painting that takes some of the best ideas from similar floral landscapes I had done in oils. The versatility of acrylic paint extends the ideas from the earlier oil paintings and adds a few new techniques and textures. The overall effect is much more contemporary, fluid, and dynamic.
Artboard (paper epoxy compostie), acrylic paint, shellac ink, india ink, acrylic ink, fiber paste
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 30.0" x 22.0"
- acrylic on panel
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.