Piece description from the artist
For me, painting is an ever-changing life form. Through life experiences, you keep reinventing yourself and as you transform, your painting style transforms, too.
I was born in Osaka, Japan, in 60s, grew up there and went an art university in Tokyo to study traditional Japanese art. After graduating, I left my country in order to continue my education in the different filed of western painting restoration in England and US. I worked as a restorer of western art for 20 years before coming to Moscow in 2006, when I started painting professionally.
My life experiences and working experiences as a restorer of western art and my knowledge in Japanese traditional painting reflect strongly in my artwork.
I often try to insert simple symbols and signs in my compositions so that viewers can decipher the meanings of the symbols by themselves, therefore they can “read” my paintings as if they were reading books.
Symbols are a powerful tool for a painter to communicate with others, especially with different cultural backgrounds, such as languages and ethnicities.
Although many of my paintings contain Japanese symbols and motifs, I don’t limit myself to the Japanese theme. Basically I paint what pleases me at any given moment and I use my own paintings as a tool for self-reflection. I can observe how I evolve and become a different person on the everyday basis as I paint.
My art works are mainly acrylic on linen canvas. Acrylic is a versatile material and I enjoy getting many different effects by texturing and layering.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 31.0" x 23.0"
- mixed media
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.