Five String Banjo
Piece description from the artist
I'm adding a five string banjo to the list of instruments I've shot for this project. This one hangs on the wall at the Urban Ecology Center just down the road from our house where they have quite a collection of stringed instruments. Hanging next to it is also a guitar, a mandolin, and ukulele all hanging ready to be played. While I've never actually seen this played, it certainly looks….well used.
And it was the texture of the wear and tear on head behind the strings that caught my eye first. Then I noticed the complimentary colors from the various light sources. To ensure maximum dynamic range, I shot 5 bracketed exposures and created a 32-bit file. In processing, I enhanced both the color and textures of the banjo and rotated the image 90 degrees clockwise from the way it was shot.
Day 348 of my 365 photo a day project.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 24.0" x 16.0"
- Photograph on Metal
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.