Evening Falls on the East River
Piece description from the artist
This capture, taken just after sunset, highlights the southern tip of Roosevelt Island where FDR Four Freedoms Park is located. The architecture and urban forms of the location have always attracted me. One element that distinguishes this photo is that it is a long long exposure. I love the challenge of this type of photography for several reasons. One is that it is that you have to slow down and concentrate on doing many things right to get the shot. You need a tripod and a special filter for slowing down the exposure. And often you have to take a number of shots to get the exposure just right. There's much more to consider, but in the end, it's not about the technicalities, it's about how a long exposure can make you see things in a new way: clouds stretch across the frame in an abstract manner; the water becomes silky smooth; things in motion like cars and people walking can disappear. All these elements can add up to a magical result, which makes the extra work more than worthwhile.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 24.0" x 16.0"
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.