Emerson's Playground 1975
Piece description from the artist
This is enamel paint on aluminum. My works are abstract reflections of an individual’s journey through life from conception to completion. My creation process is similar to the human experience. It is a struggle between freedom and order, discordance and harmony, action and reaction. Each pieces’ origin is that of freedom. In the beginning, there are chaotic lines strewn about emerging from immediacy of expression. They are unordered elements awaiting orchestration. Each work begins with lines freely flowing from my hand without conscious dictation. Periodically, I consciously conduct these lines as I develop the piece to bring harmony, rhythm, and order to each while trying to protect the freedom from which they were conceived. Each piece reflects the human desire to make sense of seemingly chaotic happenings. Like life’s experiences layered upon each other, these pieces evolve with lines and forms building upon the previous until there is completion. As a collective body of work, these pieces to me are a group comprised of unique individual beings each with embedded stories to tell and a life led.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 24.0" x 18.0"
- enamel on treated aluminum
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.