Piece description from the artist
I call this one Dizzy Moon for what may or may not be obvious reasons. But the title came only as I was finishing up my processing. In actuality, I had no real goal in mind when I shot it outside of creating an abstract. Well, that is not entirely true. I guess I wanted to play around and see what I could see. That in itself is a goal. You gotta try new things – that is when the "a ha!" moments occur.
So what is it? This is a long exposure of a laser pointer on a white folded piece of foam core in a dark room. I stood there taking shot after shot waving the laser around creating lines, shapes, dizzy circles, and even words. And I must admit, the theme from Star Wars did run through my head a few times while I was shooting! (cue the light saber sound effects)
I chose this photo out of the scores I shot because I love the organic feel of the light oval. And once the image color was inverted, it was also reminiscent of a moon rising above the ocean. That was a happy surprise – another "a ha!" moment. I added a bit of texture to minimize the digital noise from the long dark exposure and did a small amount of exposure correction. Simple and fun.
Day 350 of my 365 photo a day project.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 30.0" x 20.0"
- Photograph on Canvas
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.