Defender Among Them
Piece description from the artist
This painting hung in two exhibits and was auctioned off to raie money for an adoptive family.
I think three things inspired the conception of this painting. First, of course I was wanting to portray a message about the fatherless and the motherless.
Second, were the techniques of some of the works of Gustav Klimt, the famous Austrian Symbolist painter of the late 1800’s and early 1900’s.
Third, was the Jesus figurine in my collection of nativities from around the world.
I began thinking about the timelessness of God. He has always been here. “ …He was and is and is to come.” “Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.” Revelations 4:8, Hebrew 13:8.
When these babies, these children, are abandoned, are rejected, and are hurt, He is there throughout their lives. Jesus is their Defender Among Them. He may not be noticed among them, but He is there. When they cry and hurt and are lonely, He is there.
He cries along with them, He hovers and protects them. He knows their name. Each baby in the painting, has a word or phrase written in a native tongue of their country to portray the promises of the Defender.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 30.0" x 22.0"
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.