Piece description from the artist
Here's what I learned the day I painted "Day Tripper" and that is that I should scope out the location for my plein air paintings before I lug all my equipment up a mountain.
On this particular day, we went for a hike in Malibu and unfortunately got a later start than planned because at the last minute I decided I wanted to bring my easel and pastels and paint at the top of the mountain overlooking the Pacific. Did I mention that it was a 3.5 hour hike to the top? Did I mention that it was one of the hottest August days on record? Luckily for me, and as often happens, I got distracted by this dirt path and the way the light was hitting these rocks and I set up my studio in the shade of a live oak tree. I never did make it to the top of the mountain that day but I did get this gem of a painting out of it.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 9.0" x 12.0"
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.