Piece description from the artist
An abstract realist style floral landscape painting, depicting violets and perennial sunflowers – I call them daisies – on a dappled bit of grassy hill. I like to stroll through the neighborhoods surrounding Boston – Somerville, Arlington, Cambridge, Medford and admire the little microgardens in so many peoples’ front yards. Often these have an abundanc of small brightly colored flowers – reds, blues and violets with a mound of daisy-like tall flowers in the background or topping a fence. To me, these little scenes are the look of warm weather in urban New England.
This was painted using dilute washes of oil on unprimed cotton canvas to create a loose watercolor effect. Alkyd impasto medium was used to paint in details that lay on the canvas like appliques. The final layer of details was sculpted onto the canvas using a palette knife. This gives the effect of glossy foreground flowers in relief against a fading background and adds to the visual energy of the piece.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 48.0" x 36.0"
- oil on canvas
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.