Covid Cut No. 23
Piece description from the artist
This piece is part of my Covid Cut series which are a collection of daily collages I have been creating since life was altered by the pandemic. These collages are a meditative daily practice for me which I find extremely therapeutic during this time of uncertainty. The collages are inspired by what I read in the news; emotions experienced during the pandemic; my daily life living close to home; as well as the colors and images I find in the discarded papers which I collect.
My art process involves altering discarded materials that I find in various locations and transforming them into works of art, thereby giving the detritus a new life. For instance, I use found papers to create mixed media collages focusing on the plight of the animal world during the Anthropocene. I use discarded plastic bags to make large inflatable creatures. I have created large installations with punctured bike inner tubes, that are reminiscent of organic formations in the plant world.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 10.0" x 10.0"
- Mixed Media on Paper
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.