Piece description from the artist
A woman in a red dress is encased by a bell jar as she stands staring out at an ocean sunset as waves come rolling in. She is surrounded by beauty and yet she is isolated from it as well. As this concept slowly turned from my initial sketch into a finished painting, the meaning behind it took on added significance on a rather personal level. So many who have been affected by the coronavirus have had to be completely isolated. They are alone in the world. Granted, the heroic efforts of our health care workers provide tremendous care. But out of necessity, isolation is needed and the individual is alone with his or her thoughts. The world keeps turning. The sun rises and the sun sets and like the timelessness of the ocean, the waves roll in and roll out but the person who has COVID isn't really an active participant. Each day, people from around the world are removed from this reality, made unable to participate.
My heart goes out to each and every family that has been affected by this dreaded virus. My hope is that we can find a cure. There are so many negative things going on in our world today. I wish we could all open our eyes to the beauty that is all around us. Love your neighbor and love this planet. And cherish every sunset. Because you never know if it might be your last.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 40.0" x 30.0"
- acrylic on canvas
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.