Piece description from the artist
Abandoned after a fire, the stone foundation of this old house sat wanting for years to be occupied. It's been destroyed and remains nothing but a pile of rubble now, but for a decade or so, the skeleton of a beautiful home was a favorite gathering for adolescent courtship rituals involving Natty Light and schwag blunts. Now it exists only in memory and narrative. When I first encountered it, all I could see was a beautiful possibility for a house situated in the middle of some of Maine's most picturesque blueberry barrens, only to find upon closer inspection rusted out bicycles, broken glass, and some rather inelegant graffiti. In such a place, I wove a new narrative for this overlooked and misused wonder, a history which bears repeating, both for those who knew it's seedy underbelly and for those who will never see this place in person.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 24.0" x 36.0"
- Archival Luster Photo Paper
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.