Piece description from the artist
The Fish Series began in 2013, the year I became the grandmother of two grandsons, one born very prematurely and at great risk. Abstract images gave way to a desire to paint more realistically. One day a fish unexpectedly jumped into one of my paintings, and I was compelled to discover and understand its meaning, especially because I usually find fish repulsive.
I learned that the fish is sacred in many cultures, that it represents fertility, femininity, creativity, good luck, prophecy and wisdom, change and transformation. Water suggests the womb and the unconscious mind.
Feeling compelled and repelled at the same time, I, nevertheless, decided that a door had just opened, so I accepted the invitation to step over its threshold into a new realm. I have continued to paint the fish in various dreamlike interior spaces. I hope the viewers of this series will make up their own narratives about what is going on inside of them.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 40.0" x 30.0"
- oil on polymer
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.