Piece description from the artist
This painting is of Brooklyn Brownstones in my neighborhood of Prospect Lefferts Gardens. This area is historically landmarked and cannot be developed into large apartment buildings. All of the houses are single family residences. The streets have a nice character and the neighbors are nice as well. I was trying to emulate an Edward Hopper feel in this painting and I think I captured a bit of that subtle loneliness. Usually I include more depth in my work, but in this case I was interested in facing the architecture head on. One hundred years ago, these houses were usually considered for the lower or lower middle classes, but in present day Brooklyn that is definitely not the case anymore!
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 20.0" x 20.0"
- oil on canvas
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.