Blazing Tree in Prospect Park
Piece description from the artist
Prospect Park in Brooklyn, when the color ignites in fall…
I painted this tree after Sandy hit NYC as part of a body of work about the trees after the storm. Prospect Park lost over 500 trees in that storm. Many of these trees were magnificent and their absence was immediately felt. The storm changed the park forever.
This particular tree stood out while walking through the park in the immediate aftermath of the storm. It felt like a defiant survivor amidst the
devastated park. I included it in the series as a sign of hope.
The series was painted with acrylic paint on paper, an approach that I don't use often. I wanted to capture a bit of the struggle and emotional tenor of the storm and it's impact. Acrylic dries so quickly that you have to work in a different fashion than when you use oil.
This piece, along with the rest of the series, was exhibited in London, England in 2014.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 9.0" x 12.0"
- acrylic on paper
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.