Piece description from the artist
Windsor and Newton Pigment ink markers, Sakura Pigma Micron pigmented ink felt tip fine line pens and Sakura metallic fine line pens on acid free drawing paper. All materials are archival.
Biosensor is a playful depiction of biosensors and biosensing across multiple length scales. The background shapes were done in muted tones using Windsor and Newton pigment ink markers. These shapes allude to circuitry, conduits, signal amplifiers and other elements of a biosensor in a very abstract and fanciful manner. Fine line details using pigmented ink create molecules and molecule interactions. Fine line patterns allude to light waves from fluorescent signals, which are common approaches to biosensing. Other patterns suggest the transduction of light waves into electrical pulses and signals.
One area where there is significant artistic license is in the length scales and sizes of objects depicted. Molecules and the details of molecules are roughly ten thousand to one hundred thousand times smaller than the electronic and sensing interfaces used to connect them to a biosensor. The light wavelengths used are orders of magnitude larger than a molecule and orders of magnitude smaller than a printed circuit.
Another area where there is considerable artistic license is in the depiction of molecules. In some cases these are atomistic artistic renderings, in other cases a shorthand diagramming for polypeptides was used, along with hybrid representations.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 10.0" x 8.0"
- pigmented ink on acid free paper
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.