Piece description from the artist
Bingham fluids are pastes that act as solids under light stress or pressure, but flow like viscous or viscoelastic liquids once the applied stress or pressure is stronger. They are often made up of networks of particles or rope-like molecules. These constituents softly stick to each other, creating a gel-like solid. If the applied stress is too weak to unstick the constituents, the fluid remains solid. Once enough stress is applied to unstick the constituent, the paste flows. Blood is a common and complex Bingham fluid.
It takes a little time for things – even tiny particles and polymers -to stick to each other. So once the fluid is flowing, the “stickiness” may add to the effective “friction” of the fluid, but it’s less than when the fluid is sitting still. I’ve tried to capture some of the microstructural ideas and flow ideas in the details of the drawing. If you look carefully you can see some of the equations describing Bingham pastes and flows.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 8.0" x 10.0"
- pigment ink on paper
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.