The largest of five paintings that are similar, the title refers to a movie by that name about two American jazz musicians (Paul Newman & Sidney Poitier) living in Paris who have flings with two American tourists (Joanne Woodward & Diahann Carroll).
My painting involves an intuitive process that is free of specific subject matter. From 1985 to 2000 my focus shifted back and forth between allover fields and forms within fields. In 2000 I began the geometrical formatting of my fields. This was simply the result of liking the look of one painting when it came in close proximity to another painting. I started by adding one painting to another on the same canvas. This process evolved into varieties of combinations, both vertical and horizontal. I am currently at a point where large vertical sections are suggested by the spontaneously occurring layers in horizontal paintings.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 64.0" x 48.0"
- Oil on canvas
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.