Piece description from the artist
I created “Bare Winter” with the subdued colors of an early winter sunrise in mind. My original inspiration was purely visual: the contrast of the cold winter night giving way to the first light of the sun.
Then I came to see that the warm light breaking through the cold was powerfully symbolic. In his ‘Ode to the West Wind’, Shelley wrote:
“If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?”
For me, the sun on winter snow is a metaphor for healing. No matter where you are in life, there’s always hope. Sooner or later, the winter will thaw and the spring will come.
This original oil painting was created using only the highest quality professional grade oil paint and natural non-toxic solvent to produce an archival work of art. The 1.5 inch gallery wrapped edges are painted so that no framing is needed. It is ready to hang.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 24.0" x 24.0"
- Oil on Canvas
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.