Piece description from the artist
Aqua (aka Aqua Tower) is an 87-story mixed-use building featuring America's first Radisson Blu hotel and over 700 residences in Chicago's Lakeshore East neighborhood bordering The Loop and Lake Michigan. It was designed by Jeanne Gang of Studio Gang Architects, and upon its completion in 2009 was the tallest building in the world to be designed by a woman and earned the distinction of Skyscraper of the Year by Emporis, a Chicago Distinguished Building Award from AIA, and an American Architecture Award among many others. Each individual balcony is unique in size, shape and protrusion, allowing residents to chat with neighbors above or below. The balconies also help to break up wind vortices, minimize wind shear, shade neighboring apartments and prevent birds from colliding with windows. Each balcony is part of a greater floor slab. Contractors used GPS coordinates to precisely pour each of the 82 designs. Building Aqua was a feat of engineering-the curving white concrete balconies and colored glass create the impression of water cascading down the building's sides, which was inspired by nearby Lake Michigan. Paying homage to the Midwest’s natural beauty is Gang’s decision to make the Aqua Tower planet-friendly, through rainwater collection systems, heat resistant and fritted glass, and energy-efficient lighting, and it features one of the largest Green Roofs in Chicago. It was also featured in Transformers: Dark of the Moon.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 16.0" x 20.0"
- Digital Photography
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.