Piece description from the artist
The Aon Center is currently Chicago's third tallest building, and the seventh tallest in North America. Opened as the Standard Oil Building when it was completed in 1973, "Big Stan" was the tallest building in the city until the Sears Tower opened a year later, and at the time it was the tallest building in the world to be clad in marble. Unfortunately the Italian Carrara marble (the same used for Michelangelo's David) was too thin and fragile for Chicago's extreme temperatures and began to crack and fall off. It was then replaced with granite from North Carolina. The building's exterior and engineering structure is very similar to the original World Trade Center Twin Towers in New York and gives it prominence in Chicago's skyline along Lake Michigan. The building has made appearances in numerous film and TV, but was a primary location in Transformers: Dark of the Moon. It became known as Aon Center in 2001, and was recently sold for an estimated $712 million. Rumors of a new public observation deck are circulating on one of the tower's top floors.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 16.0" x 20.0"
- Digital Photography
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.