Piece description from the artist
Angelica was the grandmother of an old friend of mine. The last time I saw her was surrounded by her 12 grown children, with all their growing families, singing "12 Days of Christmas" as was the tradition. They're a big family and scattered across the country, so it's hard getting the whole family together for the holidays. Underlying the joy of their Christmas spirit was the knowledge that Angelica had cancer and this might be the last holiday they all spent together.
A year later: I wasn't in touch with the family anymore when I saw Angelica's obituary. I drew this piece for her, for anyone who has lived along those blurry lines between pain and joy, for anyone who knows the feeling of being close in spirit but far in body from their loved ones. I drew this piece to remember why we love in the wake of heartbreak, to know that we are capable of feeling both happy and sad because of how deeply we care for one another.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 30.0" x 20.0"
- Ink and watercolor on paper
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.