And So It Begins
Piece description from the artist
"And so it begins…" is to date my pinnacle creation in this ongoing bio-abstract series. This series is now at about 11-12 works to date and still growing. The story behind the creation of this particular work is a pretty interesting one. The exact vision you see below came to me very vividly in a dream in the night. One afternoon, after I had just finished installing a work at a patrons home (as it were, another bio-abstract), I began thinking about potential future works for this series. This particular patron and I spoke at some length that day about many of my works from this series. Probably even more specifically (and more relevant to the creation of this new piece), we discussed our thoughts on the creation of life. We spoke about our fascination in "the beginning" of all things, and also, to a degree, about its eventual end. I slept that night thinking about this conversation, especially the genesis aspect. That night, I had a very vivid dream. That dream is depicted exactly as you see it below. "And so it begins…" is my dream inspired creation pertaining to the beginning of all life. It is an abstracted representation of two subatomic particles, frozen in time, and in direct position to collide. By most modern physics standards, this refers to the "Big Bang Theory" and then to the start of life as we know it. There are many, many fascinating aspects to this work; a.) I completed it to the exacting representational standards of my dream. b.) The piece is composed of over 22 layers of mixed media and pigmentation. c.) The work contains 3D aspects and infinite levels of dimensionality and life. d.) Many, many hours of work resulted in interconnecting, life emanating color pockets. e.) 55+ hours of labor (of love) were spent working on the piece. Result for the viewer: 1.) The viewer experiences the ultra-dynamic nature of "the overall" and the power purveyed in the entirety of the piece's construction. 2.) The massive color palette, texture, and topography used to create this amazing composition create a satifying result for the viewer. 3.) The movement of color and material throughout the work makes the piece come alive, and give greater connection to its purpose for the viewer. 4.) The viewer experiences the very nature and spirit of the pieces inception, and the essence it purveys of life and all things grand.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 40.0" x 30.0"
- Mixed Meida
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.