And Like His Deer, She Lost Her Head
Piece description from the artist
"The rich paintings of Chicago based artist Danny Augustine are abstractions yet specific explorations into his personal lexicon of colors, shapes and lines. What starts as a random splash of ink or water may evolve to interpret his mother's schizophrenia then shift to portray his inner landscape of memories and experiences, converging with the 24-hour stream of world news updates.
Augustine begins by pouring water down ink onto a firm, yet smooth paper. Once the ink has dried, he submerses himself in a doodle trance and these doodles become projections of his own memories or current feelings.
The intuitive creation of these textural environments is a greatly cathartic process for Augustine and quite the poignant experience for us. And the young artist intends to stay the course. " Each one of my pieces shall represent an emotional stepping stone within my life and find their own spoit in the art world," remarks Augustine."
Stated by CURVE Lebanon's most prominent art, architecture, design and lifestyle magazine which quotes curator Vanessa Smith.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 22.0" x 30.0"
- Pena and ink on paper
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.