America for Sale
Piece description from the artist
I've currently been working within the theme of repetition, which allows me to take on many different genres of picture making. I find myself being drawn to man made vessels as the focus of these objects. I grew up in a hunting culture, so balancing my beliefs about what guns represent as well as being a member of an ever changing sociopolitical landscape where the media and the lobbyists seem to pit members of society against each other has been a difficult place to navigate. I have gone to some gun shows, and what struck me was that on one table you had these revolutionary era war muskets for sale, while on the very next table you could purchase a military grade assault weapon with extended magazines and sound suppressors. They both represent America. The old one, versus the new one, but its all for sale?
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 30.0" x 40.0"
- Oil on Canvas
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.