My paintings can be categorized as abstract, but with a reference to realism. The subjects come from magazines and newspapers and this subject matter allows me to portray the contemporary world as I see it.
The grid flows spontaneously and freely over the surface of the canvas, with lines of specific dimensions related to the size of the canvas. The lines, as they flow, tell a story- a real story. You can look inside these lines and follow to the next intersection, and something realistic appears.
You can stop and actually see what it is, then continue on to the next stop and something else will appear. Looking at my paintings from a distance the overall grid pattern is abstract but looking at them close up you can see very realistic forms inside.
I would define my work as Hyper-Realistic Abstractions.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the paper, not the printed images. There is a 2’’ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Framing Available. Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 40.0" x 30.0"
- Oil on canvas
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.