Hole in the River
Piece description from the artist
A Hole in the River is from a photographic series of in-camera multiple exposures, organized in sequences, contesting the separation of memory and actual experience in association with the loss in death of parents, loved ones and friends. Through the correlation between shape & line, contrast & color, clarity of detail & obscurity of focus—an intense personal dialogue is created. Common landscape forms are deconstructed by this process of layering multiple image captures in one singular exposure and re-assembled by their new relationships of pattern, texture & form. Immutable elements like earth, air and water are reimagined as one continuum, blurring the perception of separation between existence and the memory of it. Each photograph in the series was made as a single, in-camera multiple exposure image, with three or more separate elements (subject, exposure, focus, composition) playing a role in the final piece.
Each element in the photographs was constructed with an intent: pre-visualized and executed with a purpose of feeling or conveyance of allegory; a concentrated, mechanized effort to shape a visual poetry.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 24.0" x 30.0"
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.