In Norse mythology, two swans that drink from the sacred Well of Urd in the realm of Asgard, home of the gods. The water of this well is so pure and holy that all things that touch it turn white, including this original pair of swans and all others descended from them.
Elegant, beautiful and revered in the mythology of many cultures, the Mute Swan has been used throughout history as a symbol of (white) purity. Often a protected species, the bird has appeared on flags, currency, tapestries and in countless tales. However, it is a confused symbol for sure – one that, to me, seems a more accurate symbol of white colonization and warfare. For in reality, the Mute Swan is an aggressively territorial bird that threatens native species, tramples the nests of competitors for food, and reproduces at incredible rates when introduced to a new area (often by humans who simply thought of the birds as ornaments for their private gardens, without realizing the consequences.) Once introduced to an area, they are incredibly difficult to remove.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the paper, not the printed images. There is a 2’’ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Framing Available. Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 75.0" x 47.0"
- Oil on Linen
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.