Piece description from the artist
This moment right here was very intense. Growing up in South Africa where my family and I visited national parks often, these gentle giants became one of my favorite animals to photograph. The game changes, however, when you're the one driving, instead of Dad, while also trying to take photos. You become observant of their behavior & body language but can still never be too sure when you should just drop the camera and get out of their way. On this day I was alone in my car. The elephant bull casually came strolling towards me and I started taking photos of his face. My car was in gear and foot on the petrol just in case he might have become annoyed. I still can't believe I actually got this shot – I was shaking like a leaf! He carried on walking behind my car without paying much attention to me and we parted ways on good terms.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 30.0" x 20.0"
- Hahnemuhle William Turner (Textured) 310gsm
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.