An Irish Traveler Camp at The Crosses of Annagh, County Clare, 1977.
As I refined my photographic style, I settled on a combination of film, developer and printing paper that produced rich, warm toned images suitable to my subject matter. All of these photos were shot on Kodak Tri-X film, developed in Agfa Rodinal and printed on double weight Protrega fiber based paper. They were archivally processed using two fixing baths, hypo clear, and two separate running water rinses. Since I view the negative as only the starting point in the printing process, all of my silver prints are extensively manipulated in the darkroom.Each of these prints is unique, and subtly different from others of the same image Protrega paper and Rodinal developer were discontinued by the manufacturer in the 1990s. Prints with this depth and full rich tonality will not be made again. Like the Autochrome color prints of the 1920s, these photos are artifacts of a bygone photographic process that can't be replicated today.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 10.0" x 8.0"
- black and white silver print
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.