Piece description from the artist
Originally my concept stems from Shakespeare’s unfortunate figure of Ophelia in his play Hamlet. However, instead of focusing on the tragedy of Ophelia’s tale I wanted to explore the struggle and then eventual calm within her. In the painting she is a living Ophelia, refusing to be consumed by the thoughts of her father's death or her lover's ruinous ways.
There is blue light that swims with the colors of naked splendor released from a life enclosed. In the modernizing of the story, the stream in which she drowns becomes instead a swimming pool with bright blue colors that contrasts with and enhances the figure’s red hair and pale skin tones.
Enlivening for me is this image of cool, blue water and red hair; the whole world of my thoughts triggered by the bottom of a swimming pool.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 24.0" x 30.0"
- Oil on canvas
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.