Pour le temps
Pour le Temps is a painting with ‘stairs theme. For this composition I wanted to go with a classical looking pose so I looked at some Renaissance masters for some inspiration. I like the look of a person contemplating something. As a child I remember looking at pictures of these Master Paintings, often wondering what they were thinking about. It is that peaceful almost mediative state of these characters that made me go with this look.
To be technically correct, this portrayal of a female figure style (often that of Virgin Mary) is referred to as Madonna of humility. Humility was a virtue praised by Saint Francis of Assissi. This style of image was a product of Franciscan faith, first developed by them for contemplation. Humility comes from the Latin word humus which means earth or ground.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 22.0" x 32.0"
- Mississippi Red Clay and Charcoal
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.