Nude study #1
This was one of my first attempts at a human figure. With this nude I wanted to step away from chiaroscuro effect, noting that as a subject presented in light, I would have to capture more details. Working through this, I learned that it was not so much more detail, but also more value range. I could not juxtapose light against dark as easily as with a black background; but I had to figure out how to make a subtle transition. I solved this problem by mixing my red clay with charcoal; which resulted in darker orange color. When I did this, I was amazed that I didn’t think of it sooner. It just goes to prove that sometimes you need to step back and see what you are missing.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the paper, not the printed images. There is a 2’’ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Framing Available. Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 22.0" x 22.0"
- Mississippi Red Clay and Charcoal
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.