Me and You Us and Them
Piece description from the artist
"Me and You, Us and Them" is an early experiment of mine to create painting-like wall-mounted art that is active. Traditional painting is very flat and 2-D and uses various aspects of human psychology to create the illusion of depth, light, and sometimes movement. However the image itself and the object created are static. By incorporating 3-dimensional relief and 3-D elements, "paintings" like "you and Me Us and Them" now have a few different sides and perspectives to offer. The use of prisms and lenses to create a built up 3-D collage creates a piece that will reflect and incorporate parts of the room, and that does all sorts of new and cool things as the viewer moves past, views from different angles, and explores the piece. Lots of fun with a laser too (just mind your eyes with a strong laser beam).
One aspect of this piece that appeals to me is seeing how different pairs and groupings of mirrors, curved reflective surfaces, prisms, lenses, and other optics work together. As an artist, i don't have to worry about precisely matching the properties of optics to create high resolution telescopic or micrographic images, or to preserve the properties of an electromagnetic wave as it traverses the piece. I get to have a little more fun with the lenses and things. The optical fun aspect also highlights the properties of individual optical elements, solo and in tandem with others, in a way that a well designed complex optical instrument cannot.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 12.0" x 12.0"
- Acrylic with surplus glass optics on cradled hardwood panel
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.