Piece description from the artist
Photography as a medium captures a moment of physical reality. As an artist it would seem that photography has some extreme limitations, because my work addresses the non physical portion of the human existence. However it's the nonnegotiable presentation of reality I find imperative to my voice. It has been my struggle and my pleasure to try photographing loneliness, love, anger, hope, and forgiveness. My greatest challenge is the reception of the work is completely relative to the audience. I'm drawing from my own reactions and memories, but no one else has experienced my life, and therefore, the viewers reaction to my work can be completely different than I intended.
I construct “stages” to be photographed that are reminiscent of “moments that meant something”. I feel that most of who we are as individuals is comprised from these moments. Our memories aren't like film strips that continuously play from beginning to end. I feel it's more like flashes of time. It's these moments of understanding that stick with us, and shape us. I think that's beautiful.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 13.0" x 19.0"
- Digital Photography
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.