My goal with my work is to create an object of beauty that expresses the complexity and anxiety, and sometimes despair, of our modern existence.
Lately I have been inspired by medieval religious art where artists were just starting to figure out realism; the images look somewhat cartoonish while still retaining their earnestness.
Recent exposure to traditional European religious art and Indian Mughal paintings have inspired me to try my hand at classical techniques, and to put my own spin on traditional religious themes. I explore techniques such as paper-marbling and calligraphy but filter them through a modern, whimsical sensibility. Painting daily gives me the opportunity to practice these various approaches while remaining fresh and enthusiastic.
After a youth of exhibitionism and needing to express myself all the time, I'm starting to value privacy. It complicates my identity as an artist who has always been somewhat self-revealing in my work. I'm working on this.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the paper, not the printed images. There is a 2’’ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Framing Available. Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 18.0" x 24.0"
- Oil on Canvas Panel
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.